What You Get
Take the stress and guesswork out of gift giving with the American Express® Gift Card. They're easy to give and exciting to get. Here's why:
accepted at over a million places
Accepted at Over a Million Places
The Gift Card can be used at virtually any business in the United States that accepts the American Express card including:
- Retailers (in-store, online, and mail order)
- Amusement parks
- Sporting events
- Movie and other theaters
- Spas and salons
- The Gift Card is available in many convenient denominations: $25, $50, $100, $200 and $500
How It Works
The Gift Card is always a welcome surprise that's easy to spend. Its value is printed right on the front of the Card. Here's what else you need to know:
- Purchasing the Gift Card only costs $3.95
- Before using your Gift Card, you should sign your name on the back, where indicated. Write down the Gift Card number, four digit Card Identification Code (CID) located on the front of the Card, the three digit Card Security Code (CSC) on the back of the Card, and customer service number on a separate piece of paper in case the Gift Card is lost or stolen.
- If your Gift Card is lost or stolen, the unused balance can be refunded or replaced. Have your Gift Card information in hand and call the toll-free Customer Service number at 1-877-AXP-GIFT as soon as possible.
- You can easily check your
Gift Card balance
American Express® Gift Card Balance
Your Available Fund balance will show all purchases merchants have submitted. Please call Customer Service immediately with any questions about transactions posted to your Gift Card, but no later than 60 calendar days from the date of the transaction.either online or by phone, 24/7. Go to www.americanexpress.com/mygiftcard and click on the Check Your Balance link.