Energy Industry Group
For midstream, upstream and oilfield service companies our Energy Industries experts can provide financing, treasury management, derivatives, investment banking, trust and private banking, foreign exchange and asset-based lending by tapping into Citibank's presence in the southwest U.S. and around the world.
- Our clients primarily operate in four key Energy states: Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Louisiana.
- Upstream Sector: recovers and produces oil and natural gas. Companies in this sector drill and operate exploratory wells, and bring crude and natural gas to the surface. The Upstream sector is commonly referred to as exploration and production (E&P sector).
- Midstream Sector: processes, stores, markets and transports crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (LNG's—mainly ethane, propane and butane), sulphur and other similar products. The Midstream sector is commonly referred to as oil and gas transmission or distribution.
- Oilfield Service: includes companies that provide a broad range of services to the oil and natural gas exploration and production industries. The larger companies in Oilfield Service provide support for companies engaged in oil and gas exploration across the U.S.
- Bankers with specialized, extensive industry experience, located in Dallas, Houston, and Midland, Texas
The Citibank Difference
- An extensive array of deposit, cash management and credit products.
- Access to international markets for larger, creditworthy firms.
- Financial services expertise for energy companies that export and import energy equipment and services.